The July 2021 edition of Limelight is available for subscribers to read on our website.
Subscribe from $3 a month to access to the online version.
Access the PDF version
In the Limelight
The editors of Limelight share their selection of the most exciting classical music, opera, theatre and dance events coming up in July.
Australians deserve to hear a great deal more music by First Nations peoples, women, gender non-conforming people, composers of colour, and our male contemporaries argues Felicity Wilcox.
On Air & Online
Timpanist/percussionist Brian Nixon plays with the Australian Brandenburg Orchestra and the Orchestra of the Antipodes among others. Next month, he performs as a soloist with the Australian Romantic & Classical Orchestra. He explains why you will often see the timpanist with an ear close to the drum.
Since our relaunch in late 2020, an enhanced range of content is available online for Limelight subscribers to access, including:
- Reviews of live performances around Australia, published as soon as possible after the opening performance
- Daily news from the music and broader performing arts scene in Australia and around the world
- Up-to-the-minute reviews of recorded performances available through streaming or as CDs, including exclusive reviews of Australian performers and Australian composers as well as visiting international artists
- Online-only features including artist interviews, composer profiles, festivals, current issues and events
- Online-only columns by musicians and music experts
This month’s online columns include:
Composer of the Month
Film & Television
Art Music Playlist
Brett Allen-Bayes, Jansson J. Antmann, Lynden Barber, Peter Berner, Jonathan Biggins, Toby Chadd, Harriet Cunningham, Steve Dow, Patricia Maunder, Mahima Macchione, Steve Moffatt, Brian Nixon, Guy Noble, Vincent Plush, Diana Simmonds, Felicity Wilcox, Alexander Voltz, Ben Wilkie
Limelight Arts Media Pty Ltd
Subscriptions & Operations Manager
© 2021 Limelight Arts Media
No material may be reproduced without prior written permission of the publisher
The August 2021 issue of Limelight will be available online from 26 July.
Available in stores from 3 Augst.