The November edition of Limelight is available for subscribers to read online on our website.
Subscribe now from $3 a month to get access to the online version.
In the Limelight
On Air & Online
Each month we take a look at the highlights coming up in online streaming as well as on ABC Classic and the independent radio stations ArtSound, Fine Music Sydney, 3MBS, 4MBS and 5MBS. In November, the arts content you can enjoy from the comfort of your home ranges from streaming the Broadway production of Hamilton to celebrating Beethoven’s 250th.
Even before COVID-19, most music lovers had been accessing Limelight’s content through digital channels. From our October 2020 issue, there will be a substantially enhanced range of content that will only be available online. Only Limelight subscribers will be able to access the full range of content, which will include:
- Reviews of live performances around Australia, published as soon as possible after the opening performance
- Daily news from the music and broader performing arts scene in Australia and around the world
- Up-to-the-minute reviews of recorded performances available through streaming or as CDs, including exclusive reviews of Australian performers and Australian composers as well as visiting international artists
- Online-only features including artist interviews, composer profiles, festivals, current issues and events
- Online-only columns by musicians and music experts
November’s bonus reviews will include: Warwick Arnold reviews Christophe Rousset’s new disc of harpsichord pieces by the mercurial Armond-Louis Couperin; Lisa MacKinney enters the turbulent waters of Ian Page’s second volume of Sturm und Drang; Steve Moffatt listens to Jonas Kaufmann’s lockdown Lieder album; Michael Quinn sums up David Greco’s radical revising of Die Schöne Müllerin; Phillip Scott considers Gustavo Dudamel’s survey of the symphonies of maverick American composer Charles Ives; and Justine Nguyen offers insights as Stuart Skelton finally gets the chance to record the role of Peter Grimes.
This month’s online columns will include:
Composer of the Month
Art Music Playlist
What I’m Listening To
Film & Television
Brett Allen-Bayes, Lynden Barber, Peter Berner, Elissa Blake, Steve Dow, James Hazel, Cat Hope, Genevieve Lacey, Guy Noble, Vincent Plush, Michael Quinn, Chris Reid, Phillip Sametz, Claire Spencer, Will Yeoman
Limelight Arts Media Pty Ltd
Subscriptions & Operations Manager
© 2020 Limelight Arts Media
No material may be reproduced without prior written permission of the publisher
The December issue of Limelight will be available online from 23 November.
Available in stores from 30 November.